Desert Foothills Aquatics:
SWIM TEAM LEVELS
Our Comp program offers a 2 day a week schedule for new and beginning swimmers. In this group, our aim is to introduce a team environment where learning to swim is a fun activity for brand new athletes. This program is designed for those who are looking for a light swim commitment throughout the summer, spring and fall. There are NO CLUB MEET requirements.
Tuesday and Thursday 4:30-5:15 practice
- Introductory level swimmers
- Competent in Freestyle and Backstroke
- Learn to swim the Breaststroke and Butterfly
- Begin to learn drills for all 4 strokes
- Racing dives
The Junior Olympic program is for swimmers who are proficient in all 4 strokes. We suggest that these swimmers practice a minimum of 3 times a week. These athletes will begin to work on interval training to increase endurance, stroke technique and leg strength. This program is designed as an introduction for young athletes that swim summer, spring, fall and winter. We suggest at least 2 club meets per year, while they will also have the opportunity to swim in the rec meets on Sunday afternoons at the coach’s discretion.
- 3 practices a week
- Tue/Thu 5:15-6:15 and Saturday 10:00-11:00 am practices
- No less than 2 club meets per year
- Rec meets at coach’s discretion
The A.G.E. or Age Group Elite program is intended for fully committed club swimmers. These athletes are advanced swimmers who are looking to gain more speed, strength and endurance in the water. They swim a minimum of 4 days a week while having the option to swim up to 5 practices a week. Our intention for the club team is to train with the goal of qualifying for the championship meets at the end of each season. These swimmers will participate in both the Short Course and Long Course seasons.
- Up to 5 practices a week (3 minimum)
- Mon/Wed 5:15-7:30 Thu 6:30-8:00 pm Fri 4:00-5:30 pm Sat 8:00-10:00 am
- Up to 3 or 4 Dry land workouts a week
The Zones program is for our highest level club swimmers. These swimmers are training all facets of swim; speed, endurance, strength, and technique. We require this group to swim a minimum of 5 practices a week with the option to swim up to 9 practices a week including dry land workouts. The goal for this group is to qualify for championship meets at the end of each season, short and long course, as well as prepare for their high school swim seasons.
- 6 swim practices a week and up to 3 dry land workouts
- Mon/Wed 3:00-5:15 pm Tu 6:30-8:00 pm Fri 6:00-7:30 pm Sat 12:00-2:00 pm
*Days and practice times are subject to change depending on season*